Welcome!!one!

Buongiorno, bonjour and “g’day”! (don't you like how they're all the same thing? ~ who knew Australian vernacular was so cosmopolitan???).

Also, "a good day to you, sir/maam" for our American pals, "Ni Hao" to China, and "Здравствуй" to our Russian comrades, "etcetera etcetera and so forth"... (for Yul Brynner).

It’s your old pal Kit (Christof) Fennessy here. I've been writing this blog with your help for ten years, and there's over a hundred and fifty recipes, restaurant reviews of Australia and around the world, and general gourmet articles in these pages for you to fritter away your idle hours on.

Want to know more about me? Friend me on facebook, follow me on twitter, or even look up my New Yorker cartoons on instagram! NB; different platforms not all food related)


A big thank you, as always, to my sponsors at Blue Vapours (use them for all your design and advertising needs - we are waiting for your call!).

Now, what's on the bill of fare today?

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Bergerac is Coming Your Way!!

Bergerac Restaurant
131 King St
Melbourne  VIC  3000
bergeracrestaurant.com.au

No... not the TV show, the restaurant!

If you don't know the song used in the title of this article, you should probably click on the link below and listen to it while you read the rest:

Spiderbait: Bergerac (from ShaShaVaGlava)


I went out to this old staple for lunch yesterday, a French restaurant set in the base of the Ibis Hotel on King St.  Let's face it, it's not particularly glamorous - the end of town it's located in, the roof (it has an office building ceiling), but it is still beautiful and authentic for all of that.

The staff all speak French (and are French ~ and can never understand my Francaise... how French is that???), and the food is authentic-authentic-authentic.  Yesterday I had the duck terrine, followed by the lamb medallions, as part of there lunch special menu, along with good wine and a Ricard with my coffee (not listed in their dessert liqueurs section, since it's not sweet; not only did they have it, but they had branded glasses).

Anyway, I've been there for a number of lunches, and perhaps with the exception of their bread, it has always passed with flying colours.  I just can't believe I haven't reviewed it before! I only realised the omission when I went to look it up on my own blog to send someone the address... and it wasn't there.

I rate the Bergerac Restaurant five out of five snails/frog legs/etc.

Apologies once more - now corrected.  Go there next time you're down the Spencer St / Southern Cross end of town and you've got a couple of hours for lunch!

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

Kit Fennessy said...

I bloody KNEW I'd done a post on this place... Tsk!!!
Read the original here... nothing's changed!
http://kitscucina.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/bergerac-restaurant.html?m=1

Kit Fennessy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.