Welcome!!one!

Buongiorno, bonjour and “g’day”! (don't you like how they're all the same thing? ~ who knew Australian vernacular was so cosmopolitan???).

Also, "a good day to you, sir/maam" for our American pals, "Ni Hao" to China, and "Здравствуй" to our Russian comrades, "etcetera etcetera and so forth"... (for Yul Brynner).

It’s your old pal Kit (Christof) Fennessy here. I've been writing this blog with your help for ten years, and there's over a hundred and fifty recipes, restaurant reviews of Australia and around the world, and general gourmet articles in these pages for you to fritter away your idle hours on.

Want to know more about me? Friend me on facebook, follow me on twitter, or even look up my New Yorker cartoons on instagram! NB; different platforms not all food related)


A big thank you, as always, to my sponsors at Blue Vapours (use them for all your design and advertising needs - we are waiting for your call!).

Now, what's on the bill of fare today?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pipped Olives Can Get Stuffed

Is it just me? OK, I get that pipped olives are notionally easier to eat, because you don't have to spit out the pips.

But THEN you find a secret pip you weren't expecting and smash a tooth (or your dentures - we're not "teethist" here) on the stone they were supposed to have removed from your path.

I advocate the regular intake of olives; not only do they lubricate your joints, and make you feel Mediterranean, they also have amazing anti-oxidant properties: as pointed out (well, hypothesized) by my favourite beard, sandals-socks-and-shorts-in-all-weather scientist Gordon Troup (inventor of the barcode laser-scan supermarket technologies).

And what he doesn't know about olive (barcodes), isn't worth knowing.

So, to summarise, I hereby declare stoned olives inferior. Unless, of course, by stoned you mean they have been treated with the holy weed.

Enough! Pipped olives can officially get stuffed.

Your friend
Kit///
p.s. my tooth is still hurting!

0 comments: